A small glacier flood started from Mýrdalsjökull glacier few days ago. The most risk is from sulphur gases and other gases from the glacier flood that might be concentrated in lower areas. There is also a minor risk of the flood destroying walking path bridges in the area it goes over. This glacier flood might go into Emstruá river and there is the risk of destroying walking path bridges in the area. No other risk is expected from this minor glacier flood from Mýrdalsjökull glacier. This is a normal summer release of hydrothermal water from the glacier. Happens every other year and sometimes every year.
- Quiet period in Iceland at the moment
- Earthquake swarm in Askja volcano
- Earthquake activity in Bárðarbunga volcano and south-east of Bárðarbunga volcano
- Ongoing earthquake activity in Öræfajökull volcano, fresh earthquake activity in Tungnafellsjökull volcano
- Fresh earthquake activity in Öræfajökull volcano