This is super short update for Bárðarbunga volcano.
- The lava field is now around 76 km² in size. I am getting slightly conflicting reports on the size of the lava field. I don’t know why that is.
- Lava tubes have started to form inside the lava, recent observation suggest this according to latest news.
- Flow of the lava is now to the north (toward the Míla cameras). The lava breaks out at the edge of older and colder lava.
- There is no change in the eruption at the moment according to best observations available at the moment.
- Earthquake activity remains about the same as before. There has been a while since earthquake larger than magnitude 5,0 took place.
New video of the eruption can be found in the link below. Part of it is in English. Other than this there is nothing new to report. I have also not been able to properly follow the newest information on what is going on while I am moving back to Iceland.
Breytt landslag í Holuhrauni (Rúv.is, Icelandic, part in English, video)
Other: My belongings are now in transit to Hvammstangi. I am going to get them on Monday. This means I can start to provide more updates after than and on more regular basis. Since my laptop is no good for this type of job, since it is slow and not far from failing due to many faults that have appeared over the last seven years.
Donations: Please remember to donate or to by what you need from Amazon. Thanks for the support.
The storm: For those interested in how bad snow storm looks in Iceland. Please check the video below.
Farmer films crazy storm (mbl.is, English, video)